OOOO how I love this time of year. The leaves are starting to change, there is a crispness to the air, and the smell of apple cider is filling the house. So since it is September and the start of apple season, let's bring apples into our learning.
This is our first set up for exploring apples.
Little B's Kinder set-up this week consisted of several apple books, Ten Apples up on Top, Fruit Salad, and Apples by Gail Gibbons. I placed 2 different colored apples along with our Apple touch and feel flashcard and an Apple signing card out on the table(these are the cards that we use but I have heard these are very good too. Little B also got a lot of use out of his Fruit pie sorter this week.
A display that makes you want to play, that is the key.
Little B did a lot of patterns, great math using his fine motor skills.
These wonderful patterns I printed out from Imagine Our Life. They were a perfect addition to our week of learning.
We must have read Ten Apples up on Top at least 10 times, so of course we had to try balancing apples. Little B did a great job.
Okay so he's looking a little on the cookoo side in these two pics(above and below), but it's not easy getting perfect pics of a newly 5 year old signing. Hehe! Anyways, the awesome thing is he has learned how to sign a, b, c, and apple so far.
Apple Stamping
He is very proud of his picture, it hangs on the refrigerator for everyone to see.
Applesauce Sensory Squish!!!
We also found some great songs, and printable packs online that we have been enjoying too. So be sure to check out
If you missed out on our other great Apple Week Activities, or our Apple Sensory Play, you definitely want to head over to see all the fun we had exploring apples.
Enjoy and thanks for visiting.



I bet he loved all this great fun!
ReplyDeleteI love how you used that fruit pie sorter. I have seen it before and I mostly thought it was a waste of money. After seeing how you used it though, I've definitely changed my mind. It looks like a great learning tool!
ReplyDeleteOh - that sensory squish looks fun {and tasty} all at the same time! :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteOh what fun! I love Fall AND apple season! What a fun way to incorporate the season.
ReplyDeleteKatie @ Cup of Tea
These are some really fun ideas :)
ReplyDeleteGreat ideas! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams, starts on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party.
ReplyDelete