You know those families that show up for the art or science fair with amazing projects that you know the child probably didn't do himself? Or the blog posts that you Ooohhh and ahhhhh over when you see the perfectly painted pine cones, rocks, and shells. Yeaaaa, well you probably won't see that here. What you'll see here is exploring art, nature, and letting the child take the lead. Call it Free Range learning, Reggio Emilia, Charlotte Mason, Montessori, or any other educational philosophy that believes in incorporating nature into your learning, but here at Natural Beach Living we call it our life.
By setting out an invitation to explore, you are allowing the child to interpret the items in their own way through undirected play.

Some of our favorite watercolors are (affiliate links for your convenience) Sax Liquid Watercolors
and Sargent Art . They have beautiful vibrant colors and wash off easily. I'm all for washable products with kids.
For our natural art invitations I usually mix 1 Tablespoon of watercolor paint with approximately 1/3 cup of water. I do this for each color.
For our natural art invitations I usually mix 1 Tablespoon of watercolor paint with approximately 1/3 cup of water. I do this for each color.
Similar to a Reggio Emilia School, our activities don't start and end by the clock. They flow with the wonder and curiosity for a longing to explore more.
If you strive to bring nature and a sense of calming into your learning, I think you would really enjoy these posts.
Reggio Inspired Nature Table
and
Nature Through a Toddlers Eyes
Thanks so much for joining us.
Visit Sew Pretty For You on Facebook and if you would like to purchase an apron visit Elves and Angels or her Etsy Store. You will find these absolutely wonderful aprons and dresses plus much more. Make sure you send a message if you don't see what you are looking for. Julianna custom makes everything and has great customer service.
If you strive to bring nature and a sense of calming into your learning, I think you would really enjoy these posts.
Reggio Inspired Nature Table
and
Nature Through a Toddlers Eyes
Thanks so much for joining us.
Visit Sew Pretty For You on Facebook and if you would like to purchase an apron visit Elves and Angels or her Etsy Store. You will find these absolutely wonderful aprons and dresses plus much more. Make sure you send a message if you don't see what you are looking for. Julianna custom makes everything and has great customer service.
I would love for you to visit me on Facebook and Follow my Pinterest Boards for an easy way to get great ideas.
Visit Natural Beach Living's profile on Pinterest.
Visit Natural Beach Living's profile on Pinterest.




I love this post! It is so YOU! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you soooooooo much :)
DeleteGorgeous post! I love the pictures and the quotes... :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Vanessa :)
DeleteGreat idea to paint the shells! Pretty pictures!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun!! I'm not by nature a "go with the flow" kind of girl, but being a mom has certainly taught me that it's the best way for kids to learn! Just let them explore and gather their own inspiration.
ReplyDeleteSo cool! Where did you get the shells? I don't live anywhere near the beach so finding them is out of the question...
ReplyDelete