April 24, 2014

Waldorf Inspired Spring Nature Table

O how I love the change of seasons. It's such a special time of the year. We are saying goodbye to some things and welcoming so many others. This year winter seemed longer than usual, so I was very excited to bring Spring into the house. I hope you have been here on Natural Beach Living  for awhile and seen some of our nature tables through the year. If you are new to us, I've put links towards the bottom so you can check out some of our other seasonal nature tables. For right now please take a few minutes to enjoy our Waldorf Inspired Spring Nature Table 
This is our early Spring set up. You will notice I change our nature table often. The boys interests change, and I like to incorporate many different things for the whole family to enjoy.
 For the Montessori and Science lovers, we incorporated flower arranging and dyeing flowers at the same time. The children picked colors (food coloring) for their vase, after adding several drops of the dye they added their flowers. We used Daisies, however carnations work well too. As the weeks past (2 to be exact), they were able to see you the plant absorbed it's water by the roots, and with drinking colored water the petals changed. Very interesting and a lot of fun if you haven't tried it- it's a must.
Our wonderful Root family and fun felted chick set are from the amazing Yuki at Lavender and ladybugs , I am a big fan of open ended Waldorf inspired toys.
Little B made our wooden eggs absolutely beautiful by painting them with watercolors. You can read more about how here.
This is the whole Early Spring table.
I added in our small Grimms rainbow, one of our favorite Spring poetry books Flower Fairies of the Spring, and a sweet fairy from Wildflower Innocence.
To us it breaths Spring time into the house. The bright colors and kid friendly items draw the kids over to it daily. If you have a nature table at home, please visit my Facebook page and share a picture with us. I welcome and really enjoy when I get to see how others are enjoying similar things (but in your own way, of course).  

If you are looking for more inspiration for tables you might want to click here if you want toddler friendly, or here if you want to include living things, and here if you are just starting getting started in this nature table experience. 


Signature

8 comments:

  1. Such a lovely setup! Thank you for featuring my fairy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot about dyeing flowers. My kids would love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It brightens up the house and the kids love it. I think you should definitely give it a try. :)

      Delete
  3. I love a good nature table! This one went on my pinterest board - just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you sneaked in the colored flower science!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daisys are just so simply stunning... I love them...

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...