Exploration and discovery of natural objects for our Spring Reggio Inspired Nature Table.
If this doesn't inspire, I don't know what will.
A tray of several different types of Moss, sticks collected from a nature walk, a lovely Bromeliad plant, a coconut, and a child's imagination.
After a few days of exploring nature in it's natural state, and enjoying everything on the table, Bells decided she had another plan.

She decided she wanted to mix both nature tables together. So she brought the Moss and the sticks over to the children's table, and then went and got all of her Waldorf nature table goodies. I watched as she played with the root children, bunnies, and gnomes incorporating them into her moss and sticks. It seemed to me that she had the best idea yet.
Beautiful natural materials for open ended play.
What a great day.
Do you have a favorite style for your nature table? I'd love to hear about it.




So fun! My preschooler loves to play with any kind of nature in all kinds of ways, too!
ReplyDeleteshould imagine you would have some peck-ish birds with coconut right against the window! :)
ReplyDeleteExquisite. I could stand there and play all day. The scenery is breathtaking.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much. It is our favorite room in the house, because we love to look out the windows :)
DeleteExploring nature can be so much fun. We often go for walks around our neighborhood and collect leaves and sticks. Yesterday, my 18 month old (15 months adjusted) found something else though. -- a lizard. I didn't handle it very well when I saw her holding it!
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are gorgeous! I love being outside and exploring in the spring.
ReplyDeleteKatie @ Cup of Tea
Wow I would love to have a house with that kind of view :)
ReplyDeleteGood reading this poost
ReplyDelete